Friday, July 27, 2012

COUNTRY CASTLE WEDDING VENUE IN SOUTHWEST MISSOURI


Twenty minutes west of Springfield Missouri, thirty seconds off the highway, I turned onto the corner of The Edge Of Nowhere and Nowhere. Miles and miles, acre after acre of beautiful, time forgotten country! 
I took these pictures on the way to the castle. Lazy and peaceful, calm and clean. These llamas were thrilled to death to have a visitor! I saw many more deer than people. The people in the three cars I passed greeted me like a long lost old friend. 

Turning through a beautiful gate I entered a long, winding gravel driveway. At the end was a surprise for sure!
There was a very small bridal show going on. There were brides and photographers everywhere. Only one vendor was represented for a bakery, caterer, photographer and florist. I enjoyed the time there so much.

A perfect place for Do It Yourself brides and all other party throwers!



Somehow the details of the castle are whimsical and classy at the same time. Happy happy, feel good vibes.

There are several well appointed ante rooms and bedroom/sitting areas with small kitchens. Fit for a king and queen!
There are nothing but fields and forests for as far as I could see. There was a hot air balloon in the back, ready for a romantic trip around The Middle of Nowhere. Peaceful and quiet except for the occasional blast of hot air. 




Of course on the way back to Wherever, I had to stop in and visit the folks at the country store on the aforementioned corner! Boy, am I ever glad I did! I met some hysterically interesting people! And discovered a fantastic nature photographer. Matt Miles has a photo blind set up within walking distance of this little store.
I purchased some of his note cards and learned that the only animal out there that has eluded him is a "5 foot long mountain lion with at least a 6 foot tail". I look forward to revisiting in the fall and learn that Matt has finally "bagged that bad boy"!  
I also met a couple of old farmers who had dropped by looking for strawberries for their homemade ice cream. Seems the stock dogs had eaten all of theirs in their patches.




I picked up a bag of wonderful books for myself and some friends. I will go back for more to give to a nursing home and maybe the hospital or wherever. The bookshelf is 6 feet high and 5 feet wide crammed with books. I was encouraged to "take all you want! Please!" The movies they had were all VHS! And a VHS recorder  for rent as well! How handy!

http://www.sunglowflowers.com/
We Offer High Quality, Bulk Flowers At Low Prices, Available To The Public! All Of Our Prices Include Nation Wide Shipping Within The Continental United States (unless otherwise noted) And Are Backed By A 100% Freshness Quarantee! Design It Yourself & Save!

We look forward to visiting with you and hearing YOUR ideas!





1 comment:

  1. You have discussed an interesting topic that everybody should know. Very well explained with examples. I have found a similar
    website wholesale bulk ice cream visit the site to know more about gelatosales.

    ReplyDelete