Saturday, June 8, 2013


MY WEDDING DAY STORY

 It's been awhile, 1977 that I was married. I was still in flower school and ready to graduate but had to finish up my Internship at different Flower Shops. My first Internship was at a small shop in Minneapolis and happened to coincide with my Wedding. After turning down my classmates who offered a hand with them I  insisted doing the flowers myself. The bridesmaids dresses were peach and the "Sonia" rose was new on the market. A lovely fragrant perfect peach rose chose to use in the Bridesmaids Bouquets.                                      I chose my Brides bouquet. What a mistake it had cymbidium orchid flowers that were cream with a light almost peachy center and Sonia roses, and for whatever reason dried beige tiny grass with small pods on the end. It had a sort of cascade look to it but the doily was showing more than the flowers.(remember it's 1977) And it was flat! It was too small and when I look at pictures I am still ashamed of it. She said she loved it but how could anyone of?                                                                                                                                               The shops manager switched my fresh and perfect stage of openness Sonia roses with her older ones she had in her inventory thinking I wouldn't know. So I caused a stink and got mine back. The day went on with many regrets I hadn't asked for help from my fellow students.

Tomorrow Church And Reception Flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment